Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"I Want to Be a Mommy Someday"

Driving in to work/school this morning, Ella sweetly proclaimed "I want to be a mommy someday". 

Oh, how I pray that she get the chance to be a mommy!  How I pray that she experience the joys (and lets be honest--struggles) of loving a child unconditionally.  It's years and years (and decades!) from now, but I look forward to seeing my baby care for her baby the way that she now cares for her baby dolls (okay, maybe a little bit more carefully than how she currently handles them, but I trust that will come with time and experience). 

And I selfishly pray that God protect her from the pain that I suffered during my losses as I waited to become a mommy.  I can't protect her from everything, but I hope that I can empower her to make healthy choices for her lifestyle.  I pray that I can be a good role model for her.  I pray that we can talk, when the time is right, about all that I went through and all that I learned about faith and waiting for God's perfect plan. 

Oh, how I pray that God listen to the desire of her little heart!

I was blessed this weekend to be able to participate in my husband's promotion to Major.  We were married when he was promoted to Captain, but he was promoted in the field, so I wasn't able to participate.  In his little speech at the end, he thanked me and Ella and his various mentors, but then said that he especially wanted to thank the (enlisted) soldiers with whom he has served.  I know he gets frustrated with some of the bureaucracy, but has always been committed to his soldiers--sometimes to a fault.  I really am proud of him and his leadership, and I'm so blessed to be his wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!