Tuesday, October 1, 2013

3





Ella turned three yesterday.  My baby--my first baby--is a bright, silly, energetic, creative, observant, and caring three year old now.  She has her naughty moments (especially after a weekend of birthday festivities), but I am so proud of and amazed at the person that she is becoming.  I love her so much more than I ever dreamed possible, and I look forward to all that this next year has in store for us.

Today's blessing is my mom, who is sometimes so sensitive to what I need.  After sharing some frustrations with her, she asked how she can be of the most help when she comes back to visit my first week back to work.  It showed such care that she would already be thinking--two weeks in advance--how she can help our whole family transition back to a work routine.  I still definitely "have my moments" with my mom (and we've had quite a few through the years), but when it comes down to it, I know that she feels about me the exact same way that I feel about Ella (and now Anna too).   Having my girls helps me to appreciate my mom (and my dad) so much more.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, she is so sweet. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I hope Ella had a great birthday! If you could email me regarding a quick question I have about your blog I would greatly appreciate it! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Ella!

    Man, back to work soon already? Time flies! I hope it is a smooth transition for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!