Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Little Desert Tumbleweed

I can't take credit for the term--I don't remember which mommy I picked it up from--but Ella has turned into a little desert tumbleweed.  She is rolling all over the place, and it's the sweetest thing to watch.

On Monday, I stayed home because I wasn't feeling well, but it gave me an extra day with Ella.  I was feeling pretty crappy, so I hung out on the couch and put Ella on the floor to see what she would do.  Lately, she has preferred to sit up and play, but she obliged me with some extended tummy-time...which really turned into roll-all-over-the-living-room-time.  At first, she seemed to just roll in one direction, and would just roll and roll and roll...until she got stuck against a wall.  But this afternoon, she figured out that she can roll in both directions, both towards and away from me.  I don't know who is having more fun--me or her!

In addition to rolling, she's also getting on her hands and knees and trying to crawl, but alas, she's mostly scooching backwards.  But it's coming!  She's definitely turning into a mobile baby...and soon, our lives will never be the same.

Today's blessing was a beautiful text picture from my childhood friend (after whom Ella is named) who had a handsome and healthy baby boy last week.  God is good in His timing--she was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday night for preeclampsia...but her water broke naturally just a few hours later.  I pray that we have a chance to meet each other's little ones soon.

3 comments:

  1. It starts!! I have to chase baby around the house ALL day. And then she laughs hysterically when she gets into stuff she knows are "no-nos". Watch how fast "no" becomes your most used word. But it is so much fun. Isn't it amazing how fast they change and learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You definitely got the term from me! Adelyn was our tumbleweed for quite some time. If other babies were around we called her the steamroller instead. She was up on all fours & going backwards for a good 6 weeks before she finally took off & now there's no stopping her. Things are going so very quickly. She is standing up (while holding on) & trying to walk along stuff & GETTING INTO EVERYTHING!!! And yes in our household the word "NO" is used more than any one word...lol. But it's all so much fun that I can't hardly get mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that must've been such a great day watching her roll around! I've been saying to my hubby that I can't wait until he can sit up without falling and crawling, etc, but now I don't want the time to go by too quickly!! Yay for good news about your friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!