Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great-Grandparents

Ella met her paternal Great-Grandmother and Great-Boppy (Great-Grandfather) on Monday, and then met her maternal Great-Grandmother yesterday (my other Grandfather passed in 2002).  My dad wasn't with us for the visit with his parents, but we'll see them again on the day after Christmas.  I was able to get a picture of the four generations with Ella, my mom, and her mom, but I haven't been able to download the picture yet. 

It was really special for me to be able to share Ella with my grandparents.  When me mom's father passed away in 2002, I remember thinking that 1/4 of me comes from him.  I have his genes--I am who I am because of my parents and my grandparents and so many other family members who shaped me, both through nature and nurture.  They care about me so much, and I'm so thankful that they got to meet Ella, and she got to meet them.

Today's blessing was the chance to do some stocking-stuffer shopping with my dad.  Although I was definitely a "Daddy's Girl" when I was little (and butted heads with my mom), my relationship with both of my parents has changed over the years.  My mom and I have gotten much closer, and while I still totally love and respect my dad so much, he was replaced as the #1 man in my life when I met my husband.  I know that this is totally normal and appropriate, but it's still nice to have that sort of quality time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!