Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Said "Please"!

Just a quick funny story tonight...

I had a long day, so I was thrilled when my husband offered to get Ella undressed and hand her to me in the shower so that I could have a few moments to myself.  But I apparently was taking just a little too long, because I was washing my face when he showed up with a naked baby in his arms.  From under the water, I heard him say "Okay Baby Girl...please don't pee on Daddy"...followed almost immediately with "Oh Baby Girl!  I said 'Please'"!

Yep!  Ella peed on her daddy.  And my husband is totally and completely squeamish about anything and everything related to bodily fluids.  Needless to say, he then opted to take a shower after us.  I admit that after the long day I had, I definitely needed that little laugh. 

I was blessed yesterday to visit with a former colleague and friend before she moves to Portland next week.  This is the friend who spent a year in Scotland, and we had intended to visit her...but then I got pregnant.  She has been such a great friend and sounding board--both professionally and personally--and I'm really going to miss her.  But I'm very excited for her and her husband as they embark on this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!