Saturday, February 19, 2011

We Took The Plunge!

We did it!  We took the plunge and bought a dozen cloth diapers!

We decided to go with BumGenius (4.0), and we're very pleased with them so far.  My mom had gotten us two of the earlier versions when Ella was born, and although it took us four months to finally decide to invest in more, I'm very glad that we did.  And Ella seems perfectly happy in them--which is what really matters.  She's even sleeping wonderfully in them (more on that later).

For now, we're using them at home at night and on the weekends, but it sounds like daycare will entertain the idea of using them there during the day as well.  We're still working out some of the details, but it looks like it might happen.  I don't want to push the topic too much if the caregivers don't feel comfortable with them, but it would be great if they did embrace them like we have.

Today's blessing was getting through a long and busy day of work.  We had a huge event that I was in charge of coordinating, and everything went really well (aside from just a handful of little glitches that I think I can fix).  I'm very blessed to work with some awesome colleagues and students who helped everything go so smoothly.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I'm glad you were able to find something you were happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them! I have been toying with the idea myself.

    I'm interested to hear about the sleeping thing. I have to admit, anytime I hear someone's baby is sleeping well I'm (very) jealous since we're still struggling with that - he's all over the board at night. Very happy that you are able to get some rest though (if that's the case) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!