Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New School, New Routine, New Plans

We flew back from Montana last Tuesday night, and I headed back to work first thing on Wednesday morning.  That day, Ella also started at a new school.  For the most part, we were very happy with the care she received at her other daycare, but the care provider that we liked the most (and who loved Ella the most) was let go.  I guess that was kind of our tipping point, and we were lucky enough to get into another school that is supposed to be great with language development, and is also pretty close to my work.  The other little girl who is three days older than Ella moved over as well, so they can still be friends and play together.  So far, both girls have cried each morning when we leave, but the teachers assure us that they do just fine throughout the rest of the day.  I hope the crying stops as they begin to feel more and more comfortable there.

Now that we made it home from our travels, my husband and I agree that it's time to stop breastfeeding.  Last night was the first night that I put Ella to bed without nursing her.  She signed for milk as I was putting her pajamas on, but didn't have a meltdown when I told her that the milk was all done.  We're going to have to work on a new evening routine, as nursing was always the last thing that we did before she went down.  I'll miss this time with her, but I think it's time.

I appreciate that my husband had a very open discussion with me about stopping nursing and starting trying again.  So often, he'll just say "do whatever you think is right"...which is nice and all, but sometimes I want him to truly be part of the decision.  As I nursed her for the last time on Thursday night, he shared that he's truly ready to try again, and he thinks it's time to stop.  I appreciate his honesty, and it's nice to feel that we're on the same page.  (But gosh, will I miss that special nursing time with her).

So, I guess that means that we are officially trying for another baby.  Or, perhaps I should say, "we are officially waiting for my cycle to return so that we can start officially trying for another baby".  This time feels a little bit different than it did in Fall 2009 when we were trying for Ella, and it feels a heck of a lot different than it did in Summer 2007 when I first went off birth control.  So much has changed; so much of it, for the better.

Today's blessing is not having a headache.  Since going back to work, I was fighting a dull, lingering headache for the last couple of days.  I think maybe I needed a vacation from my vacation.  But now that it's the weekend and I have a chance to relax and catch up a bit, I'm feeling like I'm back to normal and ready for all that is ahead in this new year.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the new daycare and best of luck making Ella a big sister!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!