Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Hurt & The Healer

I heard a song on the radio that brought back so many memories of times of doubt and pain.  I wish I had this song during those times to remind me of a Healer that can use that pain and bring healing.

by MercyMe


Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn’t come from the explained
Jesus please don’t let this go in vain
You’re all I have
All that remains

So here I am

What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I’m alive

Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

Breathe

Sometimes I feel it’s all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through

So here I am

What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I’m alive

Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

It’s the moment when humanity

Is overcome by majesty
When grace is ushered in for good
And all our scars are understood
When mercy takes its rightful place
And all these questions fade away
When out of the weakness we must bow
And hear You say “It’s over now”

I’m alive

Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into your arms open wide
When The hurt and the healer collide

Jesus come and break my fear

Awake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here
When the hurt and the healer collide 

Jesus come and break my fear
Awake my heart and take my tears
Find Your glory even here 

I recognize that having Ella changes my perspective, but I believe that God starting bringing a new sense of peace into my life even before I found out I was pregnant with her.  I do believe that God has the power to heal.  I still feel that part of me died when I lost my first three babies, and I still think of them often as I marvel at Ella.  But my hurt collided with the Healer, and the Healer won. 

I just thought I'd share the song with anyone out there who is still struggling with the pain.  It brought me peace, and I hope that it can do the same for you.

Today's blessing was getting out the door a couple minutes earlier so that I could take my time dropping Ella of at daycare this morning.  I'm usually pretty tight on time, so I don't have time to--literally--stop and smell the flowers with her, like she often wants to do each morning.  But today, with gorgeous weather, we got to explore the flower beds near the door to her daycare and really enjoy the beauty of the desert.   

1 comment:

  1. I read your last post and could completely relate. After my fifth loss I still have close friends that seem to joke about pregnancy, talk about it being in the water, and I still find it hard to hear pregnancy announcements. We are nearing the two years of ttc mark, and while I am at a better place with God than in the past it doesn't mean I get his plan for us yet!

    I need to download that song because you are right, it matches with infertility greatly. I am glad you have Ella and can see the blessings you have in her. <3 Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!