Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Well That Was Embarrassing!

So this morning, I learned the hard way that I apparently should have done more Kegel exercises when I was pregnant with Ella.  Without going into all the details, let's just say that a lingering cough and a full bladder lead to an embarrassing situation.  I don't know if any of my colleagues or students actually noticed, but I was definitely self conscious as I left our staff meeting and made a beeline for my office. 

Let this be a lesson to any pregnant readers out there:  do your Kegel exercises!

Today's blessing was learning that my husband and Ella will get to join me on my upcoming work trip to Seattle at the end of the month.  We had a great time last year, when Ella was right around seven months old, and it will be so different this year!  But we're looking forward to a great weekend away together. 

4 comments:

  1. oh no!! That WOULD be embarrassing! Can I tell you a secret? I woke up one morning still in a dream, and I literally peed myself in the bed because I thought I was already in my washroom!? that is totally not the same but it's equally as embarrassing when I screamed at my husband get out of the bed! get out of the bed! at 5 am. oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no:) And, yes, about the Kegels. When I went for my first post-delivery checkup the nurse midwife actually gazed into my advice and said, "I'm going to give you an important piece of advice..."

    I thought it was going to be something about motherhood or child-spacing. Nope:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That same thing recently happened to me. It was so weird because I have always had a bladder of steel (so I thought) and never had any problems since birth. Then 20+ months later? Weird! Sorry you had that at work, at least I was at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I hear you, girl. It shocked me the first time this happened while pregnant - during a sneeze for me. And silly me thought it would cease after pregnancy. Yeah right. My OB/GYN keeps reminding me to do my Kegels and has even suggested that it can also improve sex, or so he has been told by a few of his patients. Let me just say this: a 10lb baby does some serious damage down there. I'll take whatever advice I can get, although I have yet to do my Kegels regularly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!