Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello October, Goodbye IF Coverage

I posted previously that our new benefits were cutting all IF coverage on October 1st.  Well...hello October, goodbye IF coverage.

The "good news" is that we have conceived naturally three times on our own, so in theory, I shouldn't need to be too worried.  But the "bad news" is that we have lost all three said conceptions in the first trimester.  I can't help but feel a little bit alone.  I guess that even just having that safety net of knowing that our insurance would help out if needed was a comfort. 

I totally get that our state and our country are in a bit of a financial bind, but I assume that once they cut out something from the insurance, there's not a good chance that they'll add it back in.  And aside from me, who might not actually "need" the coverage, what about the countless other couples that do in fact "NEED" it?

So we're on our own now!  God was good and His timing allowed us to get the previous appointments and tests covered.  I recognize that was a huge blessing, so I'm grateful for the coverage that we had...while it lasted.  My husband and I know that we are perfectly healthy, and the rest is in God's hands at this point.

Today's blessing was a "warning" instead of a "ticket" when I forgot to switch my parking permit from my SUV to my husband's car.  I work about 30 minutes away from home, and he works about an hour away in the opposite direction.  He often shares rides with other guys in our area, but there were conflicts throughout this week, so we've been switching on and off, depending on who has the longer distance to drive.  I noticed I was permit-less as I pulled into the lot...but the Parking offices open late on Thursdays for their staff meetings.  So by the time I got a temporary permit and ran back to my car (on the other side of a large campus), I had a slip on my windshield.  But what an amazing blessing to realize that it's just a "warning" with no charge!  Sometimes it's just the little things in life that make me praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!