Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers

Thoughts and prayers go out to my former colleague who gave birth to a stillborn son yesterday.  She's a beautiful woman of faith, and I know that she and her family would appreciate your prayers for God's comfort in this unfathomable pain.

Just like that, so many thoughts, reactions, emotions, and memories come flooding back.  I'm sitting here with Ella in my arms, but she is the only person I could think of all day.  My heart goes out to her.

In light of this sort of news, I'm reminded of God's blessings and goodness--even in challenging times.  The passage I read this morning promises us that He will bring us through:
 "I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God." 
(Psalm 40:1-3)

2 comments:

  1. Laura I am so very sorry for your friend. I can't even begin to fathom the heartbreak of such a tragedy. She will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure what happened exactly, but she's been on my heart since I heard of his passing. Such a heart-wrenching reminder of how blessed we are to have these little ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!