Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Redeemed

No "walk of shame" this time.  Ella was the perfect travel companion this time around.  I think it definitely helped that we had direct flights and stayed within our own timezone. 

We--Ella, my husband, and I--had a wonderful time in Seattle.  We had gorgeous weather for most of the weekend, but I admit that I was glad to have some of the gloomy rain which is so characteristic of the Pacific Northwest this morning.  It was just enough to remind me why I left Oregon for sunny Arizona.

Since I had to work on Saturday afternoon and throughout the whole day on Sunday, we weren't able to do and see (and eat) all that I was hoping to get around to.  We saw a lot, but I definitely wouldn't mind going back sometime.  And after eight years in the desert, I can't get enough good, fresh seafood.

Here are some pictures from our trip:
On our flight to Seattle

Obligatory touristy photo in front of the Space Needle

Ella was having a blast rolling around on the king-sized bed in the hotel

Family photo with Mount Rainier in the backgrond

Our next family trip won't be until late July when my whole family heads to Hawaii.  Something tells me that life will be very different when we're travelling with a ten-month old!  We got by just fine with the sling for three days...but we're definitely going to need to bring a stroller for our next trip.

Today's blessing is being home and rested.  It really was a nice trip--even the work part was enjoyable.  And it's also nice to know that we have the next weekend at home to ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip! Can't wait for Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Seattle! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!