Saturday, July 27, 2013

Accomplished!

The sciatic pain has let up just enough to let squeeze in the last couple of miles that I needed.  I'm so proud to say that I doubled my initial goal and ran 200 miles while I was pregnant.  Here's what I shared last night on facebook:

(Fair warning--if you're opposed to seeing pictures of hot, fat, sweaty, pregnant women...then please kindly refrain from viewing these pictures...since that's what they show).

Shortly after I found out that I was pregnant, I made a goal to run 100 miles during my pregnancy. I reached that goal shortly before the end of my second trimester. Doug somewhat playfully, somewhat seriously challenged me to make it 200. Today, I doubled my initial goal and met his challenge.

I still don't feel like I can consider myself a "runner", but I am proud of my effort and determination. I am also aware of just how extremely blessed I am to be healthy and to still be able to run at 38+ weeks pregnant. I appreciate my friends and family--especially Doug and Ella--who continue to support and encourage me.

I now feel truly ready to welcome this new baby.







I feel so blessed to have accomplished this goal!  God brought me through some pretty painful challenges along the way.  He has blessed me with patience, persistence, perseverance, and determination along the way.  I pray that I continue to see these traits play out in my life in the weeks, months, and years to go as our family grows.

2 comments:

I love to hear what you think!