Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ella's First (Fabulous!) Flight

Did I mention Ella and I were flying home for my sister-in-law's baby shower? With so much going on with the return to work, I may have neglected to mention it.

Anyway, Ella did fabulous on her first flight--even with a half-hour delay on the runway. She got just a tiny bit fussy as we boarded because she was tired and hungry, so I nursed her and she fell asleep before we even took off. She prerty much slept the whole flight, though I offered my breast the two times she woke up a bit, just to keep her content. I, on the other hand, developed the worst head cold in my recent memory. I am absolutely miserable and I'm debating if I should even go to the shower. It's this afternoon, so I might give my parents "Grandma and Boppy Duty" and go back to sleep.

Assuming I feel good enough to go, today's blessing is the chance to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Ella's cousin. My brother and sister-in-law went through so much when they lost their son at 30 weeks in 2008. I'm so thankful for her support and friendship, and I really hope I can celebrate with her today...without getting her sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!