For starters, I vow:
- to tell you I love you every day.
- to clean up the spit-up on you before the spit-up on me.
- to pray for you each night when you go to sleep.
- to let you play in the dirt and make messes.
- to give you chores and help you to learn to be responsible.
- to let you make your own fashion mistakes.
- to admit when I am wrong.
- to push you to be your best without pushing you too far.
- to tell you about your family.
- to take lots of pictures to capture your childhood.
- to tell you how beautiful you are even in the awkward years.
- to punish you when necessary.
- to listen to your side when we disagree.
- to be your biggest encourager.
- to read to you.
- to bring you camping.
- to play sports with you in the yard.
- to teach you how to bake and cook.
- to save money to help pay for college.
- to love your Daddy.
- to help you discover who you want to be.
- to lead you to Christ.
- to live a life that will make you proud to be my daughter.
What vows did you (or will you) make to your child? I'd love to hear what others have to say.
Today's blessing is that I'm starting to feel a tiny bit better. The gunk in my chest is definitely starting to loosen up, and though I have to endure some pain in my ribs to cough it up, clear my throat, or blow my nose, it does feel good to get it out of my system. I pray that Ella and I both continue to heal today so that I can return to work tomorrow.