Monday, July 20, 2009

Big Mistake

Things were a bit slow at work today...so I found myself on "Dr. Google". For someone who is trying not to obsess about trying, this turned out to be a big mistake! A woman suffering from RPL can make herself sick with worry at the statistics, recommendations, and painful stories that appear whenever she hits "search". It only lasted for about half an hour...but it was enough to mess me up a bit.

Ugh. I'll get over it soon enough, but it got my mind going. Are there things that I should be trying? Would additional vitamin supplements help? What about herbs? Is there some sort of treatment out there that my doctor hasn't considered? Then I end up grappling with the whole "faith vs. medicine" question...but perhaps I'll save that for another post.

All in all, I still need to call the slow time at work a blessing--even if it is getting me into trouble with unnecessary searches. My appointments having been filling lately, so I've had the chance to look ahead and prepare for the Fall semester. I often tend to procrastinate, so I'm super proud of myself to starting on some of these projects. It's a true blessing to be able to focus on my work and not rush through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!