Anyway, Chicago was a blast, so I'll incorporate our adventures into my blessings:
- I'm blessed that our travels to and from Chicago worked out just fine with no delays
- I'm blessed that the Cubs won at Wrigley Field...and it was such a blessing to see the look on my husband's face as he reacted to a Grand Slam!
- I'm blessed to have had the chance to eat some amazing food at "Taste of Chicago": Jambalaya, Pierogies, Irish Eggrolls, Sesame Beef Skewers, Sweet Potato Fries, Polish Sausage Sandwich, Oreo Cheesecake (yes...I totally deviated from the healthy eating recommendations that my RE suggested...and it was totally worth it!)
- I'm blessed to watch amazing fireworks--but more importantly, I'm blessed to live in a country that fights to preserve my freedoms
- I'm blessed to have had an amazing time with my loving husband exploring the sights and restaurants of the city, with the chance to sleep in every morning