Monday, May 10, 2010

Halfway There

It's been an eventful three days of notable milestones (at least for me).  Saturday marked the one-year anniversary of creating this blog.  Sunday was Mother's Day, and my opportunity to celebrate not only this baby girl growing inside of me, but my three babies in heaven as well.  And now today marks 20 weeks...which means that we're halfway there!

At this point, I feel like I'm savoring the experience.  I'm not feeling overwhelmed with things to do...yet.  I know that we need to accomplish a lot between now and late September, but I'm not feeling a sense of urgency...yet. 

Looking back, the last big thing that required planning and preparations was our wedding.  We got engaged in April and decided to get married the following March, leaving just just shy of eleven  months to plan the wedding.  I remember feeling a sudden sense of panic when we hit the six month mark.  Anything more than that felt like ample time...anything less seemed rushed.  The moment of panic only lasted a few days, and I was able to adjust my schedule and finish up all of the arrangements in plenty of time.  But I do vividly remember the feeling when I realized that the wedding was six months out.

I realize that the six-months-left point in the pregnancy is long past...but I don't think we were even out of the first trimester at that point.  So I'm working on a totally different timeline here.  Perhaps I'll eventually start to feel overwhelmed and hit a moment of panic, but I think I'm mostly really looking forward to everything that's left.  I admit that I'm still constantly waiting on one more confirmation.  For example, even though I found the nursery set I like, we decided to wait and purchase it after our next appointment on May 26th.  Who knows?  Perhaps we'll wait a bit longer at that point as well.  All I know is that I'm excited, and although I may be acting cautiously, my heart and my mind are dreaming of the future.

Today's blessing was a really sweet note that was left in my office by two of my amazing student leaders.  Through working with them in various organizations, I know both of these students better than the average student, so I wasn't too surprised when they dropped by to ask if I had any snacks.  I was stuck at our Front Desk at the time, so I explained where they could find my snack drawer in my office.  When I returned to my office, they had left a note thanking me for being so "motherly", and proclaiming that they knew that I would be a great mom when our baby arrives.  I adore my students, and I'm so blessed to have them in my life.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the half way point. We actually put off doing anything until I reached this point. But even then, we didn't feel rushed and have really just enjoyed every part of preparing for our baby girl since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 20 weeks! Time is really going fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated mother's day! And happy half way there!!! I'm so thrilled for you. Can we celebrate soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Half Way!! It's so incredible to have been able to share this journey with you from the beginning - you are doing just great and keep cherishing this pregnancy each day! Hugs Laura!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!