Thursday, July 15, 2010

So That's What I'm Feeling!

Yes, that is a foot--a beautiful little foot, with five adorable toes.  And if my doctor had been a split-second faster, the picture would have captured the image of a perfect little hand grasping that little foot.  It boggles my mind that just a few months ago, we could see the entire baby in that same amount of space--and now all that fits in that same screen is a single foot.  She's getting so big, and I'm loving every moment of it.

Some other highlights from our appointment:
  • My doctor said that I passed my Glucose Screening Test "with flying colors".  I knew I had passed, but I was thrilled to hear that it wasn't just by the skin of my teeth.  It's reassuring to know that my body is responding appropriately to what I'm putting in it.
  • Based on my fundal height, I'm measuring at 30 weeks--so just a few days ahead of where I should be.  Again, it makes me feel good to know that I'm not "too small", as so many people keep saying.  Rather, since I have such a long torso, my belly is shaped like an "egg" rather than a "ball".
  • After being breech at our last appointment (four weeks ago), our Baby Girl is now "head down", and our doctor expects that she'll stay that way.
  • Perhaps this is deserving of its own post (or perhaps it's too much information), but our doctor said that it's totally normal for my colostrum and milk to be coming in (and even leaking at times) by this point in the pregnancy (I'm fascinated by this phenomena...and my husband has to remind me to stop playing with my boobs).
  • She gave me the green light to travel (diving again) to California at the end of the month for a baby shower back home, and printed out a copy of my files so that I can bring them with me--just in case (perhaps I should have thought to ask for a copy before our trip to Montana--but it's too late now, and luckily that trip was just fine).
  • Though she would typically start seeing me every two weeks at this point in the pregnancy, she'll be on vacation at that point, so I'll stick with the three-week wait.  But she assured me that she'll start seeing me every week soon enough.  I'm looking forward to it!
I truly feel great, and I absolutely love being pregnant.  I cherish every moment, as I know that it's such a huge blessing to experience this miracle.  I chatted with my little brother today, and he said that he could hear the excitement in my voice.  We joked that he can "hear the glow".  I'm still acutely aware that complications can still occur, but I'm trying to recognize that all I can do is take it one day at a time, and trust God's wonderful plan for our lives.

Today's blessing was hearing some great news from a friend and former colleague, which brings me great joy and excitement.  I'm thinking of her and praying for her as she looks toward the future.

6 comments:

  1. So glad things are continuing to go well!! She is going to be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great things are happening! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same exact sono pic on my fridge. It was our 34 week u/s and she was playing with her toes and we thought it was so cute they printed it up for us.

    I'm so glad you are enjoying your pregnancy! I loved being pregnant! And God does have a perfect plan for you with an outcome more awesome then you can ever imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little miracle you have there! :) I'm glad to hear you are enjoying pregnancy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, you are almost there! I am so excited, I can barely contain it! What a journey :) Imagine when you hold your little baby girl in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything is going so well! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!