Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Words of Comfort

I'm prepared for the confirmation of bad news on Friday. Part of me is hoping for a miracle, but the rest of me knows that a child with no visible heartbeat at 8 weeks belongs in God's hands instead of mine. But I happened to discover a verse that I love in my bible study yesterday. I love how God gives me words that comfort when I need them the most. Psalm 112:7 say "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord".

I don't understand why God has put these obstacles in front of us. Perhaps I'll never understand. But I know that He has a plan for me. If I were to come up with a plan for my own life, it would include children--three, to be exact. In a sad way, I have those three babies--I just don't have them with me. But any plan that I could think up would be nothing compared to the "perfect plan" that He has for me. I trust that God will bless me in amazing ways in His perfect way.

It's still hard to find blessings amidst the sorrow, but my Mom and Dad just had a beautiful arrangement of flowers delivered to me at work. They can't take the pain away or bring my baby back, but they are pretty to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!