Monday, August 17, 2009

If You Write It, It Will Come

Sure enough...I wrote that "Late" post yesterday; and what do you know, but my cycle started this morning. So I apologize if I was coming across as dramatic in waiting, but it really was (is) a test of my patience. I'm very pleased to report that I didn't "waste" my last test. Then again, I do have this tiny little voice in the back of my head saying "what if you were pregnant and this is just another loss"...but I'm trying to ignore (or is it "overcome"?) that voice.

So, here I am again on Cycle Day 1 (I know that a common term on IF blogs is "AF", but I just can't bring myself to call it that). This is the second cycle after the last loss, so I guess that by "trying but not trying", we followed the two-cycle/two-month wait after all (which ends up actually being more like three months when you add it all up...but who's counting?).

I also ended up calling the RE's office today to see if there are any tests that they want to run (or re-run) before my insurance changes in October and I lose my IF coverage. I debated over whether or not to call, but they decided to retest my Protein C and Protein S levels, as that was the one thing that came back slightly irregular last time. If I remember correctly, my Protein C levels were 69, but the normal range starts at 81. After Loss #3, he said it had nothing to do with the Protein C Deficiency (which really just means that I'm more prone to blood clots). If it means possibly avoiding twice-daily Heparin injections again, I'd gladly sacrifice one prick for a re-test. So I'm glad that I was bold and made the call--I'm afraid that I would kick myself later on down the road if I realized that I should have been more proactive when the insurance was covering it.

Today's blessing was a speedy answer to prayer. I put it out there yesterday that I needed prayers for patience and understanding as I waited through being "late", and my cycle shows up first thing in the morning. I don't even know if I ovulated last month, but at least things are starting over now. Some may call it a "curse", but I sure consider it a "blessing".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!