Monday, August 3, 2009

Home

I'm still here! In the month of July, I took three vacations. It was great to spend time with my husband, my family, and my friends in the three seperate trips, but I'm thankful to be home for a while. I don't think that we have any upcoming trips anywhere on the near horizon...perhaps I should look for a project around the house. There are always more weeds to pull...

I'm also feeling better since my "Ugg" post. Thank you for letting me get a lot of that off my chest. Nothing has "changed" since that post, and it's not that I'm saying that I "accept" my situation. Rather, I guess I'm just "recognizing" that I want more. Now I just need to figure out how to get it.

On the "trying-but-not-trying" front, I think I ovulated somewhere in the last week or so. And true to my word, I didn't ruin the moment by saying "Honey, I think I'm ovulating" (although, I admit, I did "intentionally initiate" more than I told myself I would, rather than letting things happen "naturally"). But I was out of town for a couple of days without my husband...so maybe we missed our window of opportunity. Now we wait.

As for blessings, I had the chance to spend some valuable time with some amazing friends in the last couple of days. These are all former colleagues (from my previous position) who were (and are) so much more than co-workers to me. With all three, a constant theme of our conversations was that growing up sometimes sucks. Whether it's job struggles or physical ailments, we each have our issues (or "Ugg moments") from time to time. I love them dearly, and wish them all the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I gave you an award over at my blog! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!