Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Weekend of Showers

This was the weekend of showers in our circle of friends.  Yesterday, I was able to celebrate with my very-dear friend at her Baby Shower.  She is about two weeks behind me (so due in mid-October).  As part of her gift, I decorated two onesies with the words "Best Buddies"--one in blue for her Baby Boy, and one in pink for our Baby Girl.  My husband thought that they were a little cheesy, but all of the women at the shower enjoyed them.  Here's a picture:

Then today, I was able to celebrate a second shower here in town with my friends and colleagues.  It was a fun blend of women I know from various parts of my life here, and it's always interesting to bring them all together.  Some know of our struggles, and others are totally oblivious of the journey we took to get where we are now.  But either way--it was still wonderful to celebrate with everyone.  We had a really nice time, and my two friends who hosted it did an amazing job of making me feel special and appreciated.  With the gifts we received, we're feeling closer and closer to being "ready" for our Baby Girl to arrive.  We still have a handful of essential things we need to pick up on our own, but we've got time.

Today's blessing was the chance to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our Baby Girl--again--with friends and colleagues who support me.  Sure, it takes two to "make" a baby, but I know that there have been so many times when I have relied on these women for prayers, guidance, answers, and encouragement--and I'll continue to do so.  God really has blessed me with some amazingly wise women!

2 comments:

  1. I think the onesie idea is adorable. One of my friends had twins due the same day as me and we say the 3 of them are BFF's all the time.

    Can't believe you're so close to your little girl being here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the onesies!! I saw the picture on facebook and thought it was so adorable. I'm so sorry I missed the fun (not that the hospital *wasn't* fun...), but I'm so excited to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!