Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Positivity

In my last visit to the doctor (on June 11th), he said that I did not need to do Beta HCG blood tests to monitor the decline. Rather, I should just take a HPT in 1-2 weeks to make sure that my levels get back to zero. So I took the test on Monday morning...and it's still positive. It's a bit of a bummer, but understandable. Perhaps I'll test again next week, or maybe I'll wait till after our 4th of July trip to Chicago. I figure that if I can only "waste" one more test out of the three-pack, perhaps I'll be able to keep the last one for when we are hoping for a "positive" instead of a "negative" result.

Afer trying so hard to start a family for two years, do you know how hard it is to change your mindset and hope for a negative test? It's so weird! But I'm trying to "stay positive" despite the positive test. I'm not a patient person...I probably need to work on that.

Today I'm blessed with a chance to take a day off. The only thing I have planned is to write postcards to my nieces and nephews. I'll probably find other little projects as well, but I'll also be sure to take a nice long nap!

1 comment:

  1. sending you a big hug!! My OB didn't monitor my hcg with my D&E....and so I used the HPTs. I distinctly remember peeing on one two weeks later.....and having the test line pop up before the control line. I was so sad. Give yourself time. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!