Monday, June 1, 2009

Still Waiting

It's now day 10 of waiting for something to happen with this miscarriage. The doctor said I could expect to start bleeding in 5-7 days, at which point he instructed that I should call the office and they would start monitoring my HCG levels again to make sure that they were going down. But he never told me what to do if I don't start bleeding. I called the office this morning to see what they recommend...and the doctor is out of the office until Wednesday. Last time I saw him, he did give me his cell phone number in case of an emergency--which was very kind of him. But I didn't figure that this was worth of the "emergency" label.

So I'm still waiting. Unlike the other "two week waits", this one doesn't have the excitement of anticipating the discovery of ovulation or a BFP. Rather, I only have impending dread. And who knows how long this wait will last?

Today's blessing is actually yesterday's. We had some friends from church come over last night, and had a blast with them: water balloon fight, dinner, board games, and just great company. It was nice to be silly and remember what it feels like to live in "joy" rather than "sorrow" for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I am blessed to have you thinking of me while you are going through such a difficult time. I hope that you have been able to reach a doctor. My first mc was a missed mc and I never bled. I needed to have surgery. I hope that you have resolution soon. (hugs) you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!