Friday, April 16, 2010

Are You.......?

I've told a handful of close colleagues at work about our pregnancy, but I haven't shared it with everyone.  And to be totally honest, there are some individuals with whom I just don't feel comfortable bringing up the topic...nor do I want to announce it at a staff meeting. 

But my belly is continuing to get bigger, so there is no denying that I'm pregnant.  The other day, a colleague asked if she could ask me a personal question.  When I responded in the affirmative, she asked "Are you....?" and just let the question hanging. 

It's kind of nice to be noticed.  I'm not big enough to get the "extra special pregnancy treatment" (I'm told that everyone smiles and opens doors for pregnant women all day long), but apparently I'm big enough for cause someone to ask if I'm pregnant...and not just fat.

Today's blessing is "grilled cheese and soup" type of weather.  I absolutely love the sunshine (hence why I moved to Arizona after grad school in rainy Oregon), but every once in a while, it's nice to see some clouds roll in. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun, let them keep guessing, lol. It does sound exciting though. MM, grilled cheese sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!