Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Day

Yesterday morning--on Thanksgiving--my husband woke up, rolled over to kiss me, and whispered "Happy Easter" in my ear.  Silly husband.  He promptly fell back asleep.

It's always nice to start a day--any day--with a smile.  It was especially nice to start yesterday's Thanksgiving with a good laugh.  I am so extremely grateful to have this silly husband in my life.  I love him so much--even though he insisted on both a pumpkin and pecan pie when I'm trying really hard to cut the sugars (so far, so good).  More than anything, I want to be able to bless him with a child...if that means resisting two fresh baked pies, then I'm up for the challenge.

It was just the two of us for Thanksgiving, but we had the chance to speak with both of our families.  I always get just a little bit sad when the rest of my family is all together and I can't be with them, but that's life.  My family ate crab for Thanksgiving--how awesome is that?  I do love crab--but I'm even more impressed that they aren't afraid to break tradition and try something new.  I love that about my family, and I am so thankful for who they are and who I am because of them.

This year, around the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm finding it pretty easy to recognize my blessings, but I remember that it wasn't quite so simple at this time last year, so I'm not taking anything for granted.  If anyone is new to my blog, I should mention that I close each post with sharing my "blessings" from that day.  So aside from those blessings listed above, our most recent blessing is that my husband got a promotion and a 5% raise.  They were really impressed with the work that he was doing in Djibouti, and he was rewarded for his efforts.  So this is a huge financial blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Silly husbands are the best. That's the only thing that keeps me going some days! Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!