Tuesday, November 3, 2009

You're Kidding Me, Right?

My husband is still returning on November 16th...but now he tells me that he'll need to leave the very next morning to go to a class out of town for four more days.  You're kidding me, right?  God really must be trying to teach me patience...I just want my husband back!

I'll get a couple of hours with him on the 16th...and at least I can talk to him and text him again whenever I want (when he's not in class, of course).  But I teach a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I can't just take the week off to be with him--and even if I did, I'd just be sitting in the hotel room for most of the day.

I'm not gonna lie--I'm disappointed that we can't "try" this month.  But it's not just about that anymore.  It's just lonely without him.  I'm doing as well as can be expected, and my friends and family are absolutely wonderful to me.  But I'm definitely ready to have him back.  Only 13 more days to go...then 4 more on top of that.  Sorry...I feel like I'm getting dangerously close to "complaining".   

Today's blessing was a surprise visit from one of my former staff members.  She graduated just over a year ago, hated her job, and realized that she was happiest when she was a student leader.  So she's going back to school to get her masters degree in student affairs, and tells me that she wants to do what I do.  It is such an amazing blessing to know that I had an impact on her college experience, and to know that she is going to do the same thing for future students. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry he is going to be away longer! Praying the time goes by faster!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!