Friday, January 22, 2010

Undeniable

I pray that I not cause anyone pain through this post.  If you're not at a good place to read this now, I completely understand, and I pray that you feel God's comforting hand today and always.

I woke up in the middle of the night at 1:30 am.  No...not morning yet...fell back asleep.  I woke up again at 4:30 am.  Did everything I could to fall back to sleep...counted all 30 baseball teams...counted all 50 states in alphabetical order...went through the alphabet and prayed for the first person who came to mind whose name started with that letter.  Nothing helped...I was too excited to take a test.  My alarm typically goes off at 5:20 so that I can get up and do yoga, but I knew I couldn't make it until then.  I promised myself that I would wait until 5:00 am.

I cuddled up against my husband for the last few minutes.  4:58...4:59...5:00...and then made my way to the guest bathroom where my leftover test was stashed behind a pile of towels.  I must have tossed and turned last night, because my hair was a mess.  I pulled it back into a cleaner ponytail, thinking that if I looked at my expression in the mirror, I wanted to notice my reaction...not my crazed hair.  I was also trying to contain my excitement, and trying to tell my body to relax.  As I went about the "testing", my toes instinctively curled in anticipation, as they have with every other time that I've tested.  Placing the test on the box on the counter, I willed myself not to look at it as I finished up.  As I wiped (still no spotting) and flushed and turned to look, it was undeniable.  The brightest, pinkest, most beautiful + I've ever seen.

What an amazing blessing!  Praise God!  I know that this new miracle comes from Him.  I know that He will keep me and protect me through this adventure, as short or as long as it may be.  I pray, with all my heart, that I have this baby the whole nine months, and then for years and years to come.  Please continue to pray for me and for this child that is miraculously now growing inside of me.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you all night and woke up this am thinking of you. I am so excited for you and Doug and will continue to pray for you in the months to come! You are amazing Laura! Cheers and Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have waited so long and been so patient - I am so happy for you and your hubby - God is Great and what a blessing this is!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congrats. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Congrats! I will definitely be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord!!!! Woooohoooo!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!! (((((GIANT HUGS)))))) This is amazing! You deserve this, I'm so glad your prayers have been answered. I hope and pray that things will progress perfectly. Keep us updated! Yahoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a blessing! Congratualations! I've been following your blog for a couple of months and I know this is what you prayed for and for a full term pregnancy. This is my prayer for you as well! God answers prayer! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo!!! Congratulations! I will be praying for peace and comfort for you during this time of such mixed emotions. This is such great news and I am so happy for you. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! so glad to hear that you had a bright pink line :) wonderful wonderful news :) geez, I am just grinning! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can do it, Laura! Incubate that thing! Love you and are so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!