Thursday, September 23, 2010

Maternity Pictures

I mentioned a while back that I was working on a surprise for my husband for his birthday.  The weekend when he was out of town for his Army Reserve Drill, I had a friend of a friend take some maternity pictures of me for him as a birthday surprise.  Sounds like a nice gesture, right?  I hate to admit it, but it didn't get quite the reaction I was hoping from him.  I've shared before that he's a computer nerd, so he was hoping for a "techie" gift instead of my sentimental gift.  I also shared that he bought himself a brand new fancy camera so that we can take high-resolution pictures of our Baby Girl when she arrives.  So apparently he was hoping that I would buy him techie gadgets for the camera as his birthday present.  I didn't realize it, but he had apparently even left the items that he wanted in the shopping carts on various open websites on our computer.  So when he opened up the pictures I had framed and the disc of the remaining pictures, his response was "Oh...I thought I was going to take pictures of you".  So much for trying to be thoughtful, huh?  I love him dearly...but either I need to learn how to buy techie gifts, or he needs to learn how to appreciate sentimental gifts.

My parents, on the other hand, seemed to love the pictures!  Their anniversary was Monday, so I was able to get a double-use out of the gift, and I got the reaction for which I was hoping.  They are so excited to meet this grandchild, and I'm glad that I got to send them some images of me, since I haven't seen them since late-July, and I've definitely grown since then.

Here are some of my favorites:
 
  


Today's blessing was the chance to visit with one of my former student employees who was in town to help with a recruiting event.  I only got to spend about a half-hour with him, but he has so much energy and passion, and it was really nice to spend that little bit of quality time with him.  He'll be back for Homecoming later in the Fall, so it will be equally nice to see him again and introduce him to our Baby Girl.

7 comments:

  1. I like the one with the cubs jersey! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are great! Sorry your hubby wasn't as excited as you hoped. Guess you know what to get him for Christmas though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful photos. i know my hubby and i were hoping to get maternity photos but i ended up on bedrest. i know your hubby will appreciate it one day when looking back! :) It's a true blessing to cherish the good memories! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pics Laura! I love all of them - your friend did a great job :) what camera did you and your hubby end up getting? We're shopping around for DSLR but there is so much to choose from out there! I just want something simple, not too many bells and whistles, but will take amazing shots for first time DLSR users!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! I think its great that you did a maternity photo shoot. We did one too, and loved it! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get quite the reaction you were looking for from your husband though. Was he maybe hoping for high-tech camera stuff in order for him to take those photos of you? In spite of his initial reaction, I'm certain he will cherish them in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous! Can't wait to see pictures of the baby inside :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!