Friday, September 3, 2010

Update from Janet: Prayers for Madison (Post-Surgery)

For those of you who have been following Janet's story and praying for her and baby Madison, she was able to post an update yesterday.  Since her birth in early-July, Madison has been slowly growing and and maturing and developing.  However, she recently had a setback that required surgery on Sunday night.  She is now healing, but needs all of our continued prayers.  Please check out Janet's blog and send her some love and prayers.

As for me, I'm so thankful that it's Friday, and I'm even more grateful that we have a three-day weekend.  I survived the second week of classes, including working late on two back-to-back nights.  I'm still feeling pretty good, though I admit that it was a little rough to get out of bad this morning.  I was okay once I got going, but I was sluggish enough to tell my husband that I don't think I'm going to join him next weekend for his Army Reserve Drill out of town (two hours away).  I have to work late Friday night, so I think it would be too much for me to leave early Saturday morning...especially since I would have to hang around Saturday morning before we could check into the hotel...and would then have to wait around Sunday afternoon after checking out of the hotel.  So instead, I'm going to try to work on a surprise for him for his birthday (and pray that our Baby Girl doesn't try to make her grand entrance when he's out of town).

Today's blessing is College Football!  This truly is my favorite time of the year!  The season officially started last night with at least one good upset...my current school is currently playing (and leading)...and my (ranked) alma mater plays tomorrow in a big game against a top-10 team.  I know it might be silly, but College Football really brings me so much joy (and yes, the occasional heartbreak as well). 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    Thank you so much for your continual prayers and support. You have been a blessing in our lives and Madison. It's 5am and we recently came back from the hospital. I will keep you posted and also in my daily prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!