Thursday, September 10, 2009

His and Hers

I apologize in advance, as this post is a little bit "personal" and "revealing" in nature.  So please feel free to skip this post if you are queasy about bodily functions.

Okay, now that I have only those readers with strong stomachs or extreme curiosities, I have a confession to make.  I have a hard time differentiating between my cervical mucus and the "liquids" supplied by my husband.  (I know...I'm sorry...it's not the most pleasant thing to discuss).  I was really trying to not obsess too much about pinpointing when I ovulate, and I thought that it happened sometime over the weekend, so we did a lot of trying over the weekend.  But then I woke up a few days later with what was the closest resemblance to "egg whites" that I have ever seen...and it was excessively "abundant". 

So now I feel like I'm completely second-guessing my ovulation detection abilities when I can't even tell what's "his" and what's "hers".  Oh well.  I trust that God always knows what He's doing, even if I don't.  And besides, an additional round of trying can never hurt.

Transitioning into more agreeable topics, I was totally blessed, honored, and humbled today by a thoughtful gift from a student.  One of my international students came in for an appointment, and brought me a beautiful hand-carved sea shell from China.  He is a great student who has really worked hard, and has been excelling in his academics.  He is now ready to transition from being a "pre-major" to starting the upper-division courses, so he'll also switch advisors in the process, and he just wanted to thank me for my help over the last two years.  His generosity was such a humbling reminder of how much my students rely on me.

3 comments:

  1. The EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I thought I ovulated last week, so we tried, tried, tried, and then this week have had the weirdest cervical mucus of my life. Like POURING OUT! Totally looks like ovulation mucus, but there is so much and I had ovulation mucus last week. I don't know what is going on! If you figure it out, let me know! But this stuff was definitely NOT "his"and maybe yours wasn't either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I am not one to try and feed people things to make them hopeful, but with my first BFP....I had so much CM from a few days after O all the way through my BFP. so maybe? the other thing is sometimes you don't O as expected and then your body tries to O again....so I say get busy just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! Thanks Dawn! But what does BFP mean? Hopefully this will be Laura's and my month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!