Sunday, September 27, 2009

Joyful, Patient, Faithful

I love one of the verses that we focused on today in church:  "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Romans 12:12).  One of our other pastors preached on this verse about two years ago when we were first trying to start a family, and my cycles were all crazy.  I remember thinking that this verse totally applied to me at the time.  Now, two years and three losses later, I'm struck at how much has changed, and yet how much I still need to be joyful, patient, and faithful.

My blessing for today is the love of my parents.  They left yesterday, and I am just so aware of how blessed I am to have two people who love me as much as they do.  I pray that the Lord bless them with grandchildren, and I pray that He bless my husband and me with the opportunity to be the types of parents that they were to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!