Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Joshua Lynne

Today is the first in my string of challenging days in the month of September.  Today marks the anniversary of the passing of my nephew, Joshua Lynne. 

My brother and sister-in-law would have been (and will still be) amazing parents.  Joshua was a very active baby while still safe and cozy in the womb, but apparently my brother could calm him down just by talking to my sister-in-law's belly.  I know that they love Joshua so much, and anxiously await their next opportunity to try again.  My brother is the writer of the family, and I feel like I can't do him or Joshua justice with my words right now.  But I do love them so much, and I want them to be filled with God's peace and comfort as they struggle through this time of mourning and celebration.  If I'm this torn up about missing Joshua, I can't even imagine how they feel right now.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Despite the sadness, my blessing for today is in recognizing how supportive my family is.  We were always pretty close while growing up, and I would say that we have always had a "by no means perfect, but more healthy than average" type of family relationship.  But the infertility challenges and loss faced by my brother and sister-in-law and my husband and me have brought my whole family even closer.  We need each other for prayers, comfort, and especially moments of celebration.  I truly am blessed to be part of such a loving and caring family.

1 comment:

  1. A supportive family is truly a blessing - I am inspired that through everything, you still find a blessing to be thankful for each day - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!